Friday, August 19, 2016

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie: Easier Than You Think




Chicken Pot Pie

All time favorite at my house.




Chicken Pot Pie - Ingredients:

1 Boiled Chicken 
4 Potatoes
1 cup Baby Carrots
1/2 cup Frozen Peas
1 can Cream of Chicken
1 Pie Shell

My kids actually request this.
It is one of their favorites.

Chicken Pot Pie - The Process:

First boil your chicken earlier in the day. 
Then you can use that chicken and broth for so many other meals.

Later in the day....
Cut up your potatoes and carrots and boil them in chicken broth.
If you don't have a lot of broth you can use half broth and half water.
Boil to a soft consistency.


Above I am skimming the chicken stuff from the broth.
You don't have to, its just what I do.


After the potatoes and carrots are soft, add frozen peas.
Here is where I add the chicken that I boiled earlier.
I cut the chicken into bite size and toss it in.
Then stir in Cream of Chicken.
It should have the consistency of not to thick but not runny like broth.
It will thicken up a little during the baking process.


I cheat and use a frozen pie shell or the Pillsbury refrigerated pie shells.
I am not the best at pie dough.

Bake at 375 degrees till golden brown, remove to cool.
Dinner is ready.


You can use both pie shells, I started using just a top shells.
It allows me to make 2 pies and its less calories for my family.

With this recipe I have found it easier to just cut up as many potatoes and carrots that looks good.
I also will just toss in the peas, we don't like to many peas.  We like more potato than anything.
Same with the chicken pieces, just whatever you think looks good.
No right or wrong.
I usually am sparing on the chicken so that I have more chicken for other meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin