Friday, August 12, 2016

Make Dog Treats At Home: Natural, Quick and Easy


Delicious Dog Treats Using Stuff On Hand 

The other night I was making a chicken pot pie from a chicken I had boiled earlier in the day.
I needed the broth to boil my potatoes and carrots in, it creates a richer flavor in the pie.
Well, you know how you get that chicken stuff that floats to the top of the broth.
Stuff that I skim off and toss. 
I thought to myself, "why are you throwing this away?, your dogs would love it"
as they were swarming around me.
It was like a light bulb went off. 
Make some dog treats with it!

I finished draining it and put that chicken stuff in a bowl.
Walked to the pantry and grabbed some good stuff for them.
I ended up grabbing oatmeal, Flaxseed meal and pumpkin seed meal.




Mix it all to a consistency that looked like it would bake well.
I happen to notice a half eaten apple that someone just left on the counter.
Wasn't that sweet of them.
So I grated it up and put it on top of the dough.

I used a round cake pan lined with parchment paper and 
pushed the mixture around the pan to a thin layer.

Baked it with the pot pie at 375 degrees.


When it looked and felt crisp, I took it out to cool.
After it cooled I was able to break into pieces.

The dogs loved it.
I love treating my doggies.




My hubby jokes that our dogs eat better than we do.
Really its because they don't complain about my cooking :)

These were so easy to make and were done at the same time of the pie.
Which was a bonus.  Dogs were happy and I loved having a treat for them.

I wanted to share this not really because of the recipe but because of the easiness of 
making use of what we have and not being wasteful.


My Dog Treats Ingredients were:
Chicken pieces (residue) and broth
Oatmeal
Flaxseed meal
Pumpkin seed meal
apple pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin