So my male dog is notorious for marking.
No matter how much I let him out, I find a spot.
It drives me crazy. I stumbled upon a
site that showed belly bands and I thought hey that
might help. They are reasonably priced but I thought I
would try to make my own. So I went to my fabric stash
and had at it. The following is what I did.
I measured his waist and also how wide I
would need it to be.
Next I saw that there needs to be a pocket for the maxi
pad that will absorb the urine.
Online it looked just like the lining of a boys swim
trunks. Well, guess what? I cut those out of my boys
trunks and save them for, because you just might need it
sometime. So glad I had that on hand.
So I found some flannel and cut both out to size.
then laid the liner over to figure out where it should go.
I then folded the cut edge of the liner under so there
would be a cleaner edge when I sewed it.
I did not sew the elastic part, so that I could slip
the pad in the pocket.
With right sides together I sewed the edges, leaving the end
open so I could turn it inside out.
After I sewed the sides.
I pinned the open edge and sewed it.
I went ahead and sewed around the edge for a neater look.
Next I found some velcro, I got real lucky and found some
Finished product. I like it but I see that he has a
little gap. I could either just let it go or sew a little piece of velcro
there. Knowing me I will probably let it go.
It saved me about 9 dollars, it took me a little over an hour.
Bonus, I had all the material to make it.
I gotta say, I LOVE THIS BAND!
I have so much peace knowing that I am not going to see marking
or smell the marking. I have had to change the pad and wash the band already.
But I didn't have to mop or wash my couch. That is a good thing.