Friday, August 16, 2013

Amazing Oatmeal Scotchies

So if you have never heard of an oatmeal scotchie they are an oatmeal cookie with butterscotch morsels instead of raisins.
I am always on a quest to find the best cookie recipes. I believe I have found the best oatmeal cookie recipe. Try it and let me know your thoughts and if you have a better one please share with me.
I found a blog called cravingcomfort.blogspot.com. She has a recipe box and that is where I found the recipe.
The recipe is as follows except I add butterscotch morsels instead of raisins.

Ingredients:


Dry Ingredients


  • 2 Cups all-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon Salt


Wet Ingredients


  • 1 Cup Unsalted Butter 
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 1 Cup  (firmly packed) Dark Brown Sugar
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla


Then Add


  • 3 cups oats (I use regular Quick Cook Oats)
  • 1 & 1/2 cups butterscotch morsels


Directions:



  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Combine dry ingredients, set aside.
  3. Combine wet ingredients with mixer.
  4. Until mixture is creamy.
  5. Slowly add dry ingredients. Until no flour can be seen.
  6. Add butterscotch morsels. Combine
  7. Make dough balls and place on greased cookie sheet or baking stone. Bake approximately 11 mins or till they are the consistency you desire. ( I always eye ball it). Cool and enjoy.
  8. I would love to hear your thoughts on this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin