Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Coconut Oil... A Stain Remover?


Coconut Oil

A Stain Remover? 
Is it true?
I have only tried it on oil and grease stains and it did a pretty good job.

We bought a car that had oil, grease stains on the seats.
I kept trying to figure out what can I use to get the stain up without it spreading.
A friend had told me that Coconut Oil will get anything out. So I decided to try it.
The black grease started coming up on my cloth.
I have to say I was skeptical, but pleasantly surprised.
 I will say it is not perfect but it looks a whole lot better.
Here is the technique I used......

This is the Coconut Oil I keep on hand for everything.
I get it at Costco.  When I priced compared it was a big savings.




The Stains


back seat before
                           



After, still a work in progress, but making progress



Anther shot of the back seat before


After


 Passenger seat before




 after

This is the technique I used;
I used an old towel.  I applied the coconut oil on the clean part of the cloth.
Then I started working the area.  Every time I got some black up I would use a clean spot on
the towel.  That way I wasn't putting any black grease back in the stain.

It definitely is a little arm work out.





I plan on testing the Coconut oil out on other stains. 
I will keep you posted if I find it works for other tough stains.
If you have found it works for you, I would love to hear about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin