Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Quick Easy Pizza Using Garden Herbs

What's for Dinner?

Homemade pizza ready for the oven in 15 minutes.

Really!




It's so easy and quick you will love it.
When I am struggling with what to cook for dinner, this is my "go-to" every time.
It's the one thing all of us will eat.  

I have found a great pizza sauce at my local grocery store that does not
have added sugar.  I keep an extra jar on hand for those nights when I have no idea what to make.
I want to find a way to make my own sauce, but for now we will stick with this.
I also keep mozzarella cheese on hand either in the refrigerator or the freezer.
Recently, I have found we really like the fresh mozzarella.  It is a little more
expensive, but I found it at Costco which made it a little more affordable.
It really is a preference.  So you decide.


Our "Classic" pizza is just fresh Mozzarella and basil from our garden.

Homemade pizza using garden fresh herbs recipe:


So here it is.....

In your mixing bowl add 1 Tablespoon of yeast.
a dash of sugar to help yeast activate.
Warm water 1 cup.
Set it down wait for it to foam up.

Add flour till it is a consistency of a ball of dough.
Oil another bowl and toss that ball in there, cover it with a towel.

Turn on the oven to 400.

Now work on your ingredients
I start slicing the mozzarella and cutting the basil.
I prepare my stone.
I like to oil it sprinkle it with salt and parmesan cheese.

By now the dough hopefully has risen.  

Spread the dough on your prepared stone.
Add sauce and toppings and bake.



Warning:  pictures will make you hungry!








I hope you find this an easy go to recipe next time you are stressed about what to fix for dinner or lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin