Thursday, July 3, 2014

a quick simple way to refinish a tray table

 The flea market find, an adorable tray table.


I just love taking something you have or something you got cheap and
changing it to look perfect in that perfect spot.
For me that usually includes spray paint.

I saw this adorable tray table at the flea market in the fall, 
I knew I would find a spot for it. 

This is before...



I love the way the table folds up.


I unscrewed the wood tray.  
Then I used a handheld sander with a fine grade sandpaper.
To sand off the dirt and grime.


Next, I used a cloth and wiped on teak oil.


While I had the tray off, I spray painted the frame.
After, it dried I reassembled the tray back on the frame.





It fit perfectly in the small area in the guest bathroom.
The bathroom is small, with no storage.
The tray table worked perfect to hold towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin