Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Time to pack away all the Christmas stuff... here are some things I've learned




It's that time of year, where it's time to put away all the wonderful Christmas stuff.
I am always excited to put it away and do a little spring cleaning at the same time.
On the other hand it is a little sad.  Christmas is such a magical time and it comes and goes so fast.

I learned a couple of years ago that if I store my Holiday stuff in 
clear totes it makes things a lot easier.
The clear totes help me to see the items, that way I don't have to get 
all the totes down.  That's a bonus. 
                                                                               







I can reuse tissue paper as packing for fragile items.
In the picture above I used a boot box to store these glass bowl fillers.
Next year I can open the box with all the filler and fill up the glass bowls with ease.
because it was all in one place.


I've learned that I can use soft things to help with cushioning the other items.





I feel in love with this little Santa Secrets box when I was visiting 
my mom in Indiana.  I used it to hold some of my favorite 
antique ornaments.
Putting things together like this can help to simplify
the packing.



I keep all of the nutcrackers in one tote I wrap each one in bubble wrap.
The bubble wrap was re used from the gifts.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin