Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sugared Pecans, YUM!

So I have an all time favored recipe at the holidays. It is so easy and fast. I am thankful to an old friend of mine that share it with me years ago.
It is Sugared Pecans.
Here is the recipe

Dump
2 1/4 cups of pecans

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
Sprinkle cinnamon

All in a skillet, I was taught to use a cast iron skillet. So that is what I have always used. Cook on medium heat.

Then just stir, stay by it, it takes about 5-8 mins. You will start to see less water and this is where you got to be ready to take it off the stove. When you feel they are coated enough dump it onto wax paper and let cool. I usually don't have wax paper so I grab and old cereal bag and cut it open.

Be prepared. You can't just eat one. I tend to grab a handful every time I walk by those yummy snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin