Monday, September 28, 2015

Homemade Crescent Rolls




I admit it... I am a bread lover. 
 I believe bread is the perfect compliment to every meal.

Breakfast needs toast.
Lunch needs a sandwich.
Supper needs a roll.

I just love bread.
I love the smell of bread baking.
It really is my weakness.

I made these mouthwatering Crescents rolls last weekend.  
The ones that were left were ate for breakfast the next day.

The recipe I want to share with you is a wonderful recipe. 
Except, you can't be in a hurry when you make it.
I have to make sure I am home for at least 3 hours.

Crescent Roll Dough 
1 1/4 Cup Warm Milk 95-100F
1-4 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Package Yeast
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Oil
1 Tablespoon Salt
4 Cups All-Purpose Flour

In my Kitchen Aid Mixer, I attach the dough hook.
In the bowl.
Add warm milk, then the sugar and yeast.
Wait... you should see the mixture start to bubble.  It should put off a smell too.
After you see the reaction of the yeast growing, turn on the mixer and add the rest of the ingredients.
Eggs, Oil, Salt and Flour 1 Cup at a time.

Let the mixer kneed for 10 minutes.
Transfer the dough to a oiled bowl let it rise for 1 hour.
Yep, 1whole hour.
Cover the bowl with a towel.




After 1 hour, the dough should have doubled.
Punch it down.
Let it rest for 10 minutes.

10 minutes later.
Divide the dough into 2 balls.
Roll into a circle and cut into 8ths.
Should have 8 triangles from each circle.
Roll the triangle from big end to little end to form the crescent.
Lay them on a baking sheet or stone.






Put them aside and let rise for 45 mins.
Yep you have to wait again.
I lay a towel over them.




Bake at 400 for 15-20 mins.

Tip during the rise process.
Boil water and put in a round dish on the bottom rack in the oven.
Put the rising dough on the top rack in the oven.
The humidity helps the dough rise.



Get ready to enjoy that wonderful aroma of fresh baked goodness filling the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin